035 Love like that

19/01/03
22:22

First things first, Happy New Year.

Kay.

I was just thinking of Miley and Liam, their relationship. They tied the knot recently after 10 years, it wasn't the smoothest ride, but at least all is well. The relationship was pretty, almost like a movie. I don't know much about Liam other than the fact that he starred in The Hunger Games, but Miley, I knew her since Hannah Montana.

I wasn't attached to Miley's image in her Disney days, maybe because I was too young to understand what's so good about her. I remember watching a video of her smoking and high on drugs, did a risque photo shoot, posting weird videos on Youtube with rebellious make-up. Those were the things I knew her as, she didn't change to someone worse, she was originally just 'someone slutty'. I didn't care enough to search then, so I don't know the world's opinion on her. But as far as I remember, nobody I knew liked Miley. She laid low for a while then came back twerking, bear hair, tongue-out pics and all that jazz. That just eroded my opinion on her further.

However, beneath all that facade, Miley was really someone else. I came to realize around 3 years ago(?) Miley was self-aware. She was brave enough to pursue her self-search in spite of the backlash. She called her relationship with Liam the best time of her life and Liam stated that Miley was an important part of his life even after they had broken off the engagement. They were still best friends. That mutual understanding between them is beautiful. I could feel that their relationship wasn't child's play, it wasn't simple. I don't follow a lot of celebrity couples, but among the ones I do, Liam and Miley felt the most real and unhindered. Unhindered by others.

What I like about their love wasn't the romantic aspect, it was their mutual understanding and willingness to acknowledge their importance to one another, despite knowing they are no longer together. The words they use to describe each other, it felt as if no one else mattered.

I don't follow up on them a lot, actually... not at all. But, this just what I surmise from the articles and their loyalty towards each other.

23:00

Update:
19/8/26
22:30

Yes, I know what happened. And goddamn this is a badly written post, I probably didn't proofread it. Anyway, people can be incompatible, but they'll still love each other. It's difficult to stomach what they hate, but it's more difficult to give up what they gave. You fight and forgive and apologize and fight and forgive and apologize. It keeps the journey interesting, but each time the cycle repeats, you get a little more fatigue. Towards someone incompatible, getting too close means to grasp at straws. But to ever get close meant that an exchange of affection occurred at certain points in time. The longer you stay, the more you stand to lose. Love accumulates, so does fatigue. In a relationship between incompatible persons, it's to decide whether what you receive is worth what you give.

22:40

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

038 Review: The Legend of Zhen Huan (甄嬛传)

042 FULL RECAP: The Villain has Something to Say (反派有话说) [Novel]